We are mindful that space design and utility contributes to and can - if done right - support students' self and social awareness, responsible decision-making, and the development of other social/emotional learning skills.
MKA will ensure that our teaching and learning environments are attractive, flexible in purpose and conducive to teaching and learning and that they meet the aesthetic, physical, creative and technological goals of our programs and the needs of our students.
- Develop a set of educational design principles informed by sustainability to guide developmentally appropriate space design, usage and care for all three campuses
- Advance our understanding of the digital environments where learning can occur and the associated broadening of when and where teaching and learning can take place
- Transform current space at Middle School into a comprehensive academic center such as now exists at Upper School
- Redesign and upgrade Middle School athletic fields and outdoor play areas
- Develop plans and associated cost estimates and timetable for the phased installation of air conditioning in Primary, Middle and Upper School classrooms
- Expand the facilities of the Primary School to include redesign of the campus site to address issues such as parking, car line and general safety as well as building a new flexible space
"It is imperative that MKA's learning environment is inviting, safe, and sparks creativity in all members of our community."
-Alyson Waldman '99, Director of Admissions, Parent '30