The Strategic Plan is the product of hundreds of inputs, and once it is complete, it will bear the fingerprints of hundreds of community members. At MKA, we do school together.
MKA will further integrate and connect each of our distinct and age appropriate campuses and the school in ways that are inclusive, creative, and practical. We will deepen our relationships with each other by fostering a diverse and inclusive school in which we understand and engage with our varied backgrounds and cultural identities.
- Increase the systematic use of the Mission Statement, the Character Standards, the Diversity and Inclusion Statement of Purpose, and the Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) Competencies in the professional discourse of the faculty and administration
- Strengthen annual engagement with the principles of the Mission Statement, the Character Standards, the Diversity and Inclusion Statement of Purpose and the SEL Competencies in Trustee education and the work of the Board of Trustees
- Deepen our relationships with each other by fostering a diverse and inclusive school in which we understand and engage with our varied backgrounds and identities through community building activities, programs and engagement
- Continue to develop the role of the Culture of Integrated Ethics Committee in unifying Pre-K-12 programs and initiatives
- Provide All-School recognition for students who serve the MKA community
- Integrate recurring use of resources such as the Green Roof classroom and the Upper School Amphitheater into the academic programs at Primary and Middle Schools
- Create recurring opportunities for students at each of the three campuses to share their work in the fine and performing arts by performing and presenting at the other campuses.
- Incorporate discussion of MKA’s brand statement into the annual work of the Administrative Council
"My Brookside students love having our Upper School student interns come to visit, whether in the fall for a few hours or in a larger commitment via their May internships."
-Maureen Bates, Primary School Coordinator of Curriculum & Instruction