Never keep an open liquid container near your computer, but if an accident should happen there are some very important steps you must follow.
- Stop the source of the spilling
- Power down the computer immediately
- Unplug any USB or power cables from the computer
- Gently wipe any visible water from the surface
- Do NOT attempt to turn the computer back on for at least 72 hours (3 days)
- Notify an adult and a member of the Tech Department to begin the damage assessment and repair process
The three videos below demonstrate the importance of understanding these steps.