Spilled water or other liquid on computer
Never keep an open liquid container near your computer, but if an accident should happen there are some very important steps you must follow.
- Stop the source of the spilling
- Power down the computer immediately
- Unplug any USB or power cables from the computer
- Gently wipe any visible water from the surface
- Do NOT attempt to turn the computer back on for at least 72 hours (3 days)
- Notify an adult and a member of the Tech Department to begin the damage assessment and repair process
The three videos below demonstrate the importance of understanding these steps.