Last month, Middle School students had the opportunity to celebrate Black History Month through special Flex Classes hosted by their teachers. The classes included:
- African American Quilting
- A VR Experience of The White House hosted by the Obamas
- Learning about the Harlem Renaissance through the Poetry of Langston Hughes
- Black Voices: 50 Years of Hip Hop where students learned all about the history of the genre
- A Black Owned Business Snack Tasting
- Black Wall Street: Tulsa, Oklahoma where students learned about the rich history of Black Wall Street
Thank you to all of the Middle School teachers who made these Flex Classes engaging and informative experiences for our students!