MKA's Extended Day Program provides a supervised program after school for students in grades Pre-K through eight. Extended Day is open on school days until 6:00 p.m. Students have the opportunity to complete homework and participate in outdoor and indoor activities appropriate for their developmental level. Extended Day is available to all MKA students. Along with the daily Extended Day activities, children may be offered a variety of after-school classes.
For further information, please contact Teri Butler at (973) 509-4872 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PK-Grade 3: At Primary School until 6:00 p.m.
Grades 4 & 5: At Middle School until 6:00 p.m.
Grades 6-8: Supervised study hall at Middle School ($100 registration per trimester, no other charges, and will waive the registration for financial aid students)
The program is overseen by Teri Butler, Director of Extended Day, and Sophia Trinidad is the Assistant Director. Both Teri and Sophia will be based at the Primary School.
We offer after-school coverage from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. each day.
- Extended Day for all grades will run from Monday, November 29 through Friday, March 11.
- Extended Day for Pre-K through 3rd Grade will be provided at the Primary School.
- Extended Day for Grades 4 and 5 will be provided separately at the Middle School.
- Children will remain on their home campus.
- Please note: there will be no specialty classes scheduled for Extended Day.
Extended Day Pricing
- $13/hour (families will be billed in hourly increments).
- There is a minimum charge of $13 per day.
- Families arriving after 6:00 p.m. will be charged $25 for every 10 minutes after 6:00 p.m.
The following mitigation measures will be in place:
- Masks will be required to be worn when inside (except when eating or drinking).
- All Extended Day employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Student desks and tables will be spaced at least 3 feet apart.
- When eating snacks children will be spaced 6 feet apart where possible.
- Good hygiene measures will be followed (frequent hand washing, disinfecting surfaces, and improved cleaning protocols).
- In addition all Extended Day employees are CPR and First Aid certified, and are retrained at the beginning of each school year.
Information regarding the supervised study hall for students in Grades 6 through 8:
- The winter session runs from from Monday, November 29 through Friday, March 11.
- The study hall runs in the MS Dining Hall from 2:50 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. and will be supervised by MKA faculty and staff.
- The purchases of snacks will be available from 2:50 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. with self checkout at the MS Dining Room register with student ID (same as lunch purchases).
- There is a $100 per trimester fee to register your child in this program, but there are no additional fees for attendance. This fee will be added to your tuition invoice on Smart Tuition upon registration.
- If you are late picking up your student you will be charged $25 per every 10 minutes after 6:00 p.m.