Annual Giving provides critical unrestricted support for the basic operation of the Academy. Tuition covers approximately 92% of what it costs to educate our students. Annual Giving helps make up the gap, enabling us to offer the wealth of academic and co-curricular activities that develop students’ infinite potential, in addition to supporting financial aid. By contributing to MKA’s Annual Giving appeal, you’ll know that your gift will support students immediately, your donation is 100% tax-deductible and you will be recognized in our Annual Report.
- How does Annual Giving fit within Future Forward?
- Why is participation in Annual Giving so important?
- What does Annual Giving actually support?
- Why is alumni participation so important?
- What is the impact of the leadership giving group - Founders Society?
- Can I contribute to Annual Giving in tribute to someone special?
Participation in Annual Giving is an important sign of a thriving school community. It demonstrates everyone’s commitment to the success of our students and faculty, and it provides direct financial support to our programs, since tuition covers only 92% of costs. Simply put, without Annual Giving, MKA would not be able to offer all the programs that characterize an MKA education. Also, Annual Giving is a standard by which funders and accrediting bodies measure all independent schools.
- Financial aid.
- Enhanced educational resources, such as 1:1 laptop initiatives.
- Professional development for faculty as well as the crucial flexibility that allows us to hire and retain the most talented teachers and coaches.
- The arts, including sets and costumes for musicals and plays, musical instruments and art supplies.
- Athletics, such as uniforms, sports equipment and transportation for games.
- Small class sizes, which provide for more personalized attention and increased intellectual stimulation.
- And so much more!
Participation in Annual Giving is a direct and quantifiable statement about alumni engagement in the life of the school, demonstrating that graduates are strongly supportive of current and future generations of MKA students. Note that it is indeed participation, and not the size of the gift, that is most important. You may wonder why you should contribute to Annual Giving when you support MKA in other ways, including volunteering. Literally any amount—$50, $100, $500 or more—will help us achieve our participation goal.
Leadership gifts provide over 80% of our Annual Giving contributions. These flexible dollars support a wide range of current priorities, and they are a source of challenge and matching funds that encourage everyone to participate in the life of the school.
Absolutely! We encourage our donors to make a gift in honor, or memory, of someone who has made a difference in their life or the life of their child. This can be a current or former faculty or staff member, alumni or even a current student. If you would like to specify a tribute, please use our secure online giving page or put the name of the person in whose honor or memory you are making the gift on the check memo line.