Registration is now OPEN!
We hope you will join us at STAR Camp this summer!
Join us at STAR camp this summer to recharge, reconnect, and revitalize! This summer we will be offering a mash-up of our traditional courses while still remaining safe. Classes will take place outside whenever possible.
Take advantage of MKA’s top-rate facilities while keeping your child close to home. We are happy to provide a personalized schedule for campers allowing them to explore their own interests. STAR Camp and JR STAR Camp have it all– sports, arts, dance, theater, swimming, science, computers—you name it! Pair these choices with caring, highly qualified instructors and counselors, and your child will experience the summer of a lifetime.
Our private school facilities include:
- Air conditioned rooms
- Indoor pools
- Turf fields
- Science labs
- Art rooms
- High quality athletic facilities
- Indoor gyms and a fitness center
- Recently renovated dining halls and auditoriums
- High tech computer programs with new Apple MacBook laptops
JR STAR Camp
JR STAR Camp hosts campers entering grades Pre-K-2.
JR STAR is located at the newly renovated Brookside School (224 Orange Road, Montclair), which has large air-conditioned rooms, a turf field, and an 8,000 square foot multi-purpose room.
JR STAR campers will be transported by bus to MKA’s Upper School pool for swim instruction. Buses will be fully sanitized between each group. Submersible platforms will be placed into the pool to make it accessible to our youngest swimmers!
STAR Camp hosts campers in grades 3-8.
STAR Camp is based at MKA’s Middle School Campus (201 Valley Road, Montclair), and campers have full access to a beautiful dance/gymnastics room, updated classrooms including an art, science and computer room, a gym, several fields, and a cafeteria. PLEASE NOTE: The MKA Middle School field is currently undergoing construction, and campers will be bussed to Muenster Field for outdoor sporting activities.
JR STAR Camp Director Amy Pacifico will be available to give you a tour of the camp at our Middle School location. Please email Amy if you have any questions!
STAR Camp Contacts
- For general questions regarding STAR Camp, contact Ralph Pacifico, STAR Camp Director.
- For STAR Camp schedule changes, questions and requests, contact Geena Pacifico, STAR Camp Assistant Director.
JR Star Camp Contacts
Six, one-week sessions from June 27-August 5 from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PLEASE NOTE: camp will be closed on Monday, July 4
Camp tuition is $650/week, $520 for the week of July 4.
Weekly shows for campers in the performing arts. Families will receive videos or links to videos each week.
Due to COVID restrictions, we will not be able to prepare lunch this summer. Campers will bring their own lunch and eat with their cohort. On Fridays, however, PIZZA will be brought in and served to all campers. Grab and go snacks and ice pops will be available daily.
- All fees are due with course registration.
- Families with multiple campers will receive a $50 sibling discount at registration.
- Registrations received after April 1 will require a $50 registration fee.
- In the event that the camp is mandated to close, all payments will be fully refunded.
- Refunds or credits due to illness or absence during camp will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The camp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or dismiss any camper if his or her conduct is detrimental to the well-being of the camp or of any other camper(s), and no refund or credit will be issued.
- Please note that course offerings are subject to minimum enrollment and staff availability.
We are happy to bring back Early Morning and Extended day options!
- Early Morning 7:30-8:30 $50/week
- After Care 3:00-4:00 $50/week
- After Care 3:00-5:00 $100/week
STAR Camp and JR STAR are committed to the health and safety of our community. We will NOT be doing COVID testing this summer but will adhere to NJDOH guidelines.
For more information see MKA’s COVID Protocols.
Ralph and Amy Pacifico have been the directors of STAR Camp for the past 16 years. Together they have over 50 years of teaching and camp experience. Ralph is the director of Children’s Athletic and Sports Programming and is the Head Varsity Baseball Coach. He has been at Montclair Kimberley Academy for over 25 years. Amy is an elementary teacher in the West Orange Public School System. She has been teaching for 30 years and has her Master’s Degree in Elementary Education. Together, Ralph and Amy are dedicated to providing an exceptional summer camp experience for all campers and their parents.