If you are looking for an enriching summer experience for your child, then you have come to the right place. Take advantage of MKA’s top-rate facilities while keeping your child close to home. We are happy to provide a personalized schedule for campers allowing them to explore their own interests. STAR Camp and JR STAR Camp have it all– sports, arts, dance, theater, swimming, science, computers—you name it! Pair these choices with caring, highly qualified instructors and counselors, and your child will experience the summer of a lifetime.
Our private school facilities include:
- air conditioned rooms
- indoor and outdoor pools
- turf fields
- playgrounds – including a zip line and Ga-Ga court
- science labs
- art rooms
- high quality athletic facilities
- indoor gyms and a fitness center
- newly renovated dining hall and auditorium at the Middle School
- high tech computer programs with new Apple MacBook laptops
Junior STAR Camp
JR STAR Camp hosts campers entering grades Pre-K-2. Due to the construction project at MKA’s Primary School campus, JR STAR Camp will be held at the Middle School campus at 201 Valley Road, Montclair along with STAR Camp. All courses and schedules will remain the same!
JR STAR will be located in a private wing of the Middle School and will have full access to a beautiful dance/gymnastics room, updated classrooms including an art, science and computer room, a gym, and cafeteria. Furniture will be transported from the Primary School to make all of our air-conditioned rooms kid-friendly.
The only change will be that JR STAR campers will be transported by bus to MKA’s Upper School pool for swim instruction. Submersible platforms will be placed into the pool to make it accessible to our youngest swimmers!
JR STAR Camp Director Amy Pacifico will be available to give you a tour of the camp at our middle school location! Please email Amy if you have any questions!
Campers in grades 3-10 are based at MKA’s Middle School Campus at 201 Valley Road, Montclair.
Six, one-week sessions from June 24-August 2 from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Please note: Camp will be closed on Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5. Fees will be pro-rated for that week.
Extended Care (New fee schedule for 2019)
Early morning supervision is available from 7:30-8:30 a.m. for the fee of $55 per week.
Late afternoon supervision is available from 3:00-4:00 p.m. for the fee of $55 per week OR 3:00-6:00 p.m. for the fee of $137.50 per week.
Please note that extended care services can be added to your cart at the time of registration.
Snack is included.
Special Themed Days
- Special Themed Fridays at JR STAR Camp include Carnival Day, Pony Day, Swim Visitation Days, Magic Show, Water Carnival, and more! Summer 2019 will include a special day each week!
Weekly shows for campers in the performing arts.
Enjoy the ease and convenience of STAR Camp! Lunch and snack is provided and included in the camp tuition. Each day there will be a kid-friendly hot lunch, grilled cheese, buttered bagel or roll option. All offerings are peanut free! Beverages will include water, juice, lemonade or iced tea. Ice pops are provided daily, and water is always available during the day. Coolers are located on every athletic field.
JR STAR Camp lunch time will be 11:30-12:15 and STAR camp will eat from 12:15-1:00.
Enroll before May 1 and save $50 registration fee!
STAR Camp and Junior STAR Camp
The fee is $550 per week. Camp will be closed on Thursday, July 4 and Friday, July 5, and fees will be pro-rated to $330 for that week. All fees are due with course registration.
- Early bird discount of $50 will be applied if you register before May 1.
- $100 deposit will be required at the time of registration. All outstanding balances will be due by May 1.
- Families with multiple campers will receive a $50 sibling discount at registration.
- Late registration (as of May 1)—payment must be in full including the $50 registration fee.
- All money is refundable until May 31, 2019.
- There are no refunds or credits due to illness, absence, or suspension.
- The camp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or dismiss any camper if his or her conduct is detrimental to the well-being of the camp or of any other camper(s), and no refund or credit will be issued.
- Please note that course offerings are subject to minimum enrollment and staff availability.