If you are looking for an enriching summer experience for your child, then you have come to the right place. Take advantage of MKA’s top-rate facilities while keeping your child close to home. We are happy to provide a personalized schedule for each child allowing them to explore their own interests. STAR Camp and JR STAR Camp have it all– sports, arts, dance, theater, swimming, science, computers—you name it! Pair these choices with caring, highly qualified instructors and counselors, and your child will experience the summer of a lifetime.
For questions or to register call 973.233.3001
Monday-Friday 10-12 until the start of camp!
TWO CAMPUSES – TONS OF FUN!
Our private school facilities include:
- air conditioned rooms
- indoor and outdoor pools
- turf fields
- playgrounds – including a zip line and Ga-Ga court
- science labs
- art rooms
- high quality athletic facilities
- indoor gyms and a fitness center
- newly renovated dining hall and auditorium at the Middle School
- high tech computer programs with new Apple MacBook laptops
Junior STAR Camp
JR STAR Camp hosts campers entering grades Pre-K-2. Due to the construction project at MKA’s Primary School campus, JR STAR Camp will be held at the Middle School campus at 201 Valley Road, Montclair along with STAR Camp. All courses and schedules will remain the same!
JR STAR will be located in a private wing of the Middle School and will have full access to a beautiful dance/gymnastics room, updated classrooms including an art, science and computer room, a gym and cafeteria. Furniture will be transported from the Primary School to make all of our air-conditioned rooms kid-friendly.
The only change will be that JR STAR campers will be transported by bus to MKA’s Upper School pool for swim instruction. Submersible platforms will be placed into the pool to make it accessible to our youngest swimmers!
JR STAR Camp Director, Amy Pacifico will be at camp all day on June 21st and 22nd if you would like to come by and see our new location! Please email email@example.com if you have any questions!
Campers in grades 3-10 are based at MKA’s Middle School Campus at 201 Valley Road, Montclair.
Six, one-week from June 25th-August 3rd from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Please note: No camp session will meet on Wednesday, July 4th, and fees will be pro-rated for that week.
Early morning supervision is available from 7:30-8:30 a.m. and late afternoon supervision is available from 3:00-6:00 p.m..
Snack is included. Fee is $10 per hour and will be billed separately.
Special Themed Days
- Special Themed Fridays at JR STAR Camp include Carnival Day, Pony Day, Swim Visitation Days, Reptile Day, Magic Show, Water Carnival and more! Summer 2018 will include a special day each week!
Weekly shows for campers in the performing arts.
Enjoy the ease and convenience of STAR Camp! Lunch and snack is provided and included in the camp tuition. Each day there will be a kid-friendly hot lunch, grilled cheese, buttered bagel or roll option. All offerings are peanut free! Beverages will include water, juice, lemonade or iced tea. Ice pops are provided daily, and water is always available during the day. Coolers are located on every athletic field.
JR STAR Camp lunch time will be 11:30-12:15 and STAR camp will eat from 12:15-1:00.
Enroll before May 1st and save $50 registration fee!
STAR Camp and Junior STAR Camp
The fee is $550 per week for the first TWO weeks of registration, and $495 per week for additional weeks at the time of registration. The multi-week discount will only be applied for campers that register for more than TWO weeks at one time. If you choose to add weeks at a later date, the discount will not apply. Camp will be closed on Wednesday, July 4th, and fees will be pro-rated for that week. All fees are due with course registration.
- No charge for early registration. $50 late registration fee will be applied as of May 1 and for all walk-in registrations.
- Late registration (as of May 1st)—payment must be in full including the $50 registration fee.
- All money is refundable until May 31, 2018.
- There are no refunds or credits due to illness, absence or suspension.
- Enrolling for additional weeks is subject to availability.
- All campers must submit a completed Registration Form with Medical Information.
- The camp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or dismiss any camper if his or her conduct is detrimental to the well-being of the camp or of any other camper(s), and no refund or credit will be issued.
- Please note that course offerings are subject to minimum enrollment and staff availability.