REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2023 IS OPEN
Join us for a great experience!
Take advantage of MKA’s top-rate facilities while keeping your child close to home. We are happy to provide a personalized schedule for campers allowing them to explore their own interests. STAR Camp and JR STAR Camp have it all– sports, arts, dance, theater, swimming, science, computers—you name it! Pair these choices with caring, highly qualified instructors, and counselors, and your child will experience the summer of a lifetime.
Our private school facilities include:
- Air conditioned rooms
- Indoor pools
- Turf fields
- Science labs
- Art rooms
- High quality athletic facilities
- Indoor gyms and a fitness center
- Recently renovated dining halls and auditoriums
- High tech computer programs with new Apple MacBook laptops
JR STAR Camp
JR STAR Camp hosts campers entering grades Pre-K-2.
JR STAR is located at the newly renovated Brookside School (224 Orange Road, Montclair), which has large air-conditioned rooms, a turf field, and an 8,000 square foot multi-purpose room.
*Please note: Due to the renovation of MKA's pool during weeks 3-6 (July 17-August 4), JR STAR is happy to announce that campers will be bussed to Montclair State University for their swimming lessons. The revised swim schedule will guarantee that all campers will receive an extended swim lesson two times per week. We appreciate your understanding during this renovation period and look forward to a brand new pool for next summer!
STAR Camp hosts campers in grades 3-8.
STAR Camp is based at MKA’s Middle School Campus (201 Valley Road, Montclair), and campers have full access to a beautiful dance/gymnastics room, updated classrooms including an art, science and computer room, a gym, several fields, and a cafeteria.
JR STAR Camp Director Amy Pacifico will be available to give you a tour of the camp at our Middle School location. Please email Amy if you have any questions!
STAR Camp Contacts
- For general questions regarding STAR Camp, contact Ralph Pacifico, STAR Camp Director.
- For STAR Camp schedule changes, questions and requests, contact Geena Pacifico, STAR Camp Assistant Director.
JR Star Camp Contacts
- For general questions regarding JR STAR Camp, contact Amy Pacifico, JR STAR Camp Director.
- For online registration inquiries, contact Emma Pacifico, JR STAR Camp Assistant Director.
Six, one-week sessions from the end of June to the beginning of August from 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: camp will be closed on July 3 and 4.
Week 1: June 26-30
Week 2: July 5-7 *No camp on Monday, July 3 and Tuesday, July 4 (Tuition will be prorated for the week.)
Week 3: July 10-14
Week 4: July 17-21
Week 5: July 24-28
Week 6: July 31-August 4
$695 per week includes tuition, lunch, snacks and, of course, ice pops!
Please note: Week 2 is $417 due to the July 4 holiday.
Weekly shows for campers at STAR Camp registered in the performing arts classes. Families will receive videos or links to videos each week.
Snacks and Lunch
Snacks are provided for all campers each day.
Breaking news! Lunch is returning to STAR Camp this summer! Each day your child will be able to choose from the following: a kid-friendly hot lunch that rotates daily, a bagel, or grilled cheese sandwich. If you choose to send your child to camp with lunch from home, please remember that we are a nut free camp!
- All fees are due with course registration.
- Families with multiple campers will receive a $50 sibling discount at registration.
- Registrations received after April 1 will require a $50 registration fee.
- Refunds or credits due to illness or absence during camp will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The camp reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or dismiss any camper if his or her conduct is detrimental to the well-being of the camp or of any other camper(s), and no refund or credit will be issued.
- Please note that course offerings are subject to minimum enrollment and staff availability.
Extended Day (optional)
We are happy to bring back Early Morning and Extended day options!
- Early Morning: 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. $75/week
- After Care: 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. $75/week
- After Care: 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. $150/week
COVID-19 Testing & Safety
STAR Camp and JR STAR are committed to the health and safety of our community. We will NOT be doing COVID testing this summer but will adhere to NJDOH guidelines.
For more information see MKA’s COVID Protocols.
Meet Our Directors
Ralph and Amy Pacifico have been the directors of STAR Camp for the past 16 years. Together they have over 50 years of teaching and camp experience. Ralph is the director of Children’s Athletic and Sports Programming and is the Head Varsity Baseball Coach. He has been at Montclair Kimberley Academy for over 25 years. Amy is an elementary teacher in the West Orange Public School System. She has been teaching for 30 years and has her Master’s Degree in Elementary Education. Together, Ralph and Amy are dedicated to providing an exceptional summer camp experience for all campers and their parents.