Welcome to PAMKA - the Parents' Association of Montclair Kimberley Academy. The purpose of PAMKA - is to promote the goals of Montclair Kimberley Academy by working with the parents, students, faculty, administration and the Board of Trustees for the benefit of the school. PAMKA is run by the parents of MKA students. Literally, hundreds of parent volunteers sit on committees to plan, run or participate in events on all three campuses. There are a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available, ranging from jobs requiring a commitment of several hours a week to those needing an hour once a year.
PAMKA events span the three campuses and bring the entire MKA community together through social, educational and community engagement opportunities. From hosting the largest Scholastic Book Fair in the country to regular Blood Drives from organizing a gala dinner and auction to a spirited Cougar Pride Family Day, or from presenting renowned speakers in the PAMKA Lecture series to local experts in Saturday Parenting Workshops, PAMKA events provide some of the highlights of the MKA school year.
Parents are an integral part of the MKA community and their involvement is welcomed throughout the school. Working in partnership with the administration, parents have a special opportunity for participation in school life through PAMKA, the school's exceptionally active parents' association. Hundreds of parent volunteers run events and programs devoted to fundraising, serving the local community, supporting the faculty and bringing together families for social and educational events. From being involved with organizing the largest school Book Fair in the country, to helping chaperone a class trip, there is something for every parent to help with in enriching the MKA educational experience.
For an easy reference to PAMKA volunteer opportunities, visit mka.org/pamkavolunteer.
PAMKA Volunteer Nominating Process
Every year, PAMKA slates close to 100 volunteer positions that enable the organization to deliver on its mission to provide opportunities for parents to participate in the support and enhancement of the students' educational experience at MKA.
- PAMKA President
- PAMKA Campus Vice Presidents
- Primary School Vice President
- Third Grade Memory Book
- Middle School Vice President
- Middle School Bookstore Cooridnator
- Upper School Vice President
- Upper School College Counseling Liason
- Tri - Campus Grade Representatives
- Class Parent
- Tri- Campus Communications Vice President
- Tri- Campus Community Engagement Vice President
- PAMKA Lecture Series Chair
- Team School Coordinator
- PAMKA Parenting Workshops Chair
- Primary School Community Engagement Chair
- Middle School Community Engagement Chair
- Upper School Community Engagement Chair
- Tri- Campus PAMKA Finance Vice President
- Tri-Campus PAMKA Treasurer
- Tri-Campus Faculty Trust Grants Chair
- Tri-Campus PAMKA Fundraisers
- Spring Fundraiser Chair(s)
- Bookfair Tri-Campus Chair(s)
- Bookfair Campus Chairs
- Tri- Campus Volunteer Coordinator Vice President
- New Parent Liaison Chair
- Nominating Chair
- PAMKA Nominating Committee
- PAMKA Secretary
- PAMKA Special Events Vice President
- PAMKA Special Events Campus Chair
- Tri- Campus Cougar Pride Day
PAMKA is a parent volunteer organization established to provide opportunities for parents to participate in the support and enhancement of the students' educational experience at Montclair Kimberley Academy. PAMKA pursues its mission working in cooperation with the school administration through activities consistent with the policies and goals established by the MKA Board of Trustees.
PAMKA achieves its objectives by:
- Directing its financial, volunteer, and organizational resources to broaden and supplement the educational environment of MKA students and faculty;
- Communicating information essential to each family's participation in the daily life of the school;
- Fostering a strong MKA community through parent involvement in programs, social gatherings, volunteer opportunities, and special events;
- Sponsoring safe social events for students.
PAMKA actively raises funds and organizes volunteers to achieve these goals.